Friday, May 10, 2013

Macaroni Alfredo w/Zucchini Fritters


I haven't mentioned it, but I'm an ESL teacher now. Subbing for so many years has gotten me used to just showing up for work and never taking anything home. I'm proud to finally do what I went to school for, but I did have to adjust to the increased workload. Now that I'm no longer treading water and have my lesson planning down, I can finally cook for my family again! Even though Jason likes to cook, I take pride in my job in the kitchen. Tonight I made my famous Pine Nut Alfredo, but you could also use cashews. I also made these zucchini fritters, which are essentially my tofu nuggets with zucchini instead of tofu. Eggplant would also be great. Oh, and I recently found out my cholesterol is slightly elevated-pretty embarrassing for a vegan. Thats why I steamed my veggies tonight with no oil. Dr. Esselstyn would be proud (I hope)! The marinara on the zucchini is from a jar. Did I mention this is all gluten free? Here's the recipe for my Macaroni Alfredo.

Macaroni Alfredo
1 cup pine nuts
2/3 cups filtered water
1/2 ts salt
1/2 ts onion powder
1/2 ts garlic powder
black pepper
1 8 oz box of Ancient Harvest Quinoa Pasta
additional 1/2 ts salt

Blend pine nuts, water, 1/2 ts salt, onion powder, garlic powder and pepper until creamy and smooth. I use a magic bullet. Cook pasta according to directions. Add Alfredo, and if you are like my husband and I, add the additional salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment