I know this is my third sweet post in a row, but I swear this is not just a dessert blog! I made these for a party and saved these for myself. They are a version of my other brown rice crispy treats, "dressed up" with a top layer of chocolate. Before I get into the recipe, I'd like to thank all 28 of you for following my blog. My transition to a vegan diet was a transition in my heart, mind, and soul. I find that I am happiest while sharing my new vegan heart with others through good food, hence, the reason for this blog. I want to help newbies, vets, the veg curious, and those who just want a meatless monday. So thank you again for your readership; it means the world to me. Oh, and I will post more savory foods in the future! Here's the recipe for my Brown Rice Crispy Bites.
8 cups brown rice cereal
1 1/2 cups unsalted almond butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup organic brown sugar
1 cup agave nectar
2 ts vanilla
1/2 ts salt
2 cups dairy free chocolate chips
1/4 cup non dairy milk
1 ts vanilla
1/4 ts salt
- Line a 9x13 in brownie pan with tin foil.
- Combine almond butter, coconut oil, brown sugar, agave, 2 ts vanilla, and 1/2 ts salt in a large pot on medium heat. Use a whisk to stir frequently.
- When mixture begins to bubble, continue stirring for another two minutes.
- Turn off heat and incorporate the cereal.
- Pour mixture into the lined brownie pan and press surface down with a rubber spatula.
- Melt chocolate chips, non dairy milk, vanilla, and 1/4 ts salt together in a double boiler. (Mine is a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water)
- Spread evenly over the rice crispy mixture and allow to cool for 1 hour. Speed the process up by putting it in the fridge.
- Turn it out onto a cutting board and remove tin foil. Cut into squares and enjoy!