Monday, June 25, 2012

Fresh Coconut Water


When I first discovered the wonders of coconut water, I would buy it from a shelf at the store. But our ancestors did not drink from a shelf, they drank straight from the source.

This is where my local Flea Market comes in. If you have one in your area, I highly recommend checking it out. Mine has a man that does all the work for his customers. He cuts the coconut open, pours the water into a plastic bag, then cuts the meat out and puts it in another plastic bag. I bought five coconuts and drank one right away. When I got home, I put the remainder in these pint sized jars, and they are currently in my freezer. Now I get the convenience of those shelf stable coconut waters without the killer pasteurization!

Each coconut yields about a pint, and they are 3 dollars each. The meat can be used for milk, butter, cream, or compost.

You can thaw one out by just putting it in a water bath. It should thaw fairly quickly. Do it before your morning workout so its ready and waiting for you!

1 comment:

  1. Eating white rice every day could also expose you to the risk of developing Type-2 diabetes, according to study published in the journal BMC Public Health. There's also a risk of an increased risk of heart disease with regular consumption of high quality Pakistani rice, per the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.

    ReplyDelete