Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes from Post Punk Kitchen



Hey every one! I haven't forgotten about my blog, just took a little break. I made these cupcakes for my friend Celeste's birthday on Sunday. She's one of my best friends from high school. We didn't go to the same high school, but I've known her since then. She's the kind of friend who knits blankets for people's kids and says a prayer for them while knitting. So I brought these to our lunch date and all my girlfriends loved them. Most importantly, Celeste brought them home to her husband who also loved them. He's known for having a voracious sweet tooth, so I definitely had him in mind. My own hubby loved the thick, mousse frosting. 

The recipe is from the famous Isa Chandra Moskowitz and can be found on her website Post Punk Kitchen. She's the author of many cookbooks and is truly the go to person for all your baking and cooking needs. Although I must say, the batter was only enough for 9 cupcakes, as opposed to the 12 that the recipe states. Also, I had twice as much frosting as needed. Thats ok Isa, I still love you! In fact, it worked out great because the next day I made another batch and used up the rest of the frosting. If you make these, I recommend doubling the recipe for the cupcakes and keeping the frosting the same. Also, I personally would add a little salt to the frosting, just to bring out the flavors. 

The frosting could even double as the filling for a chocolate mousse pie. Just pour it in a pie crust and chill for an hour. Then I would top it with this amazing looking Coconut Cream Topping from Vegan Dad. It looks so easy and perfect! 

I won't bother re-posting the recipe for these cupcakes, because the only change I made was that I used coconut oil in place of the canola. It gave them a nice, subtle coconut flavor. Normally, I would also sub a whole grain flour instead of all purpose, but I am trying to use up my last bag of white flour. Mine baked up in 20 minutes. Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes are beautiful, but not nearly as beautiful as your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you! I like your blog. The cutlets are what caught my eye, but I've been looking at other stuff too, like your banana nut bread cookies!

    ReplyDelete