Even more creaminess comes from the cashew cheese, which comes from my original nacho cheese recipe. I used pine nuts in my original recipe because they blended up so easily, but now that I have a super high powered Ninja Pro Blender, cashews work beautifully. I just omitted the paprika to keep it white. Enjoy!
1 1/2 cup raw cashews
3/4 cup filtered water
3 Tbs lemon juice
2 ts salt
1 ts white miso paste
1 ts garlic powder
1 ts onion powder
3 Tbs nutritional yeast
Blend in high speed blender until smooth and creamy
6 La Tortilla Factory grande white corn tortillas
1 package Gardein Chick'n Scallopini
1 package Daiya mozzarella
1/2 cup chopped green onion
2 Tbs chopped parsley
1 12 oz jar salsa verde
green tomato slices (optional)
- Thaw chick'n scallopini and chop into small pieces
- Saute chick'n scallopini in olive oil on medium heat in a non-stick skillet until browned on both sides.
- Prepare cashew cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together cashew cheese, Daiya cheese, chopped scallopini, green onion, and parsley
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9x13 in baking dish with a touch of olive oil and the salsa in order to prevent the enchiladas from sticking
- Spoon cheese mixture into a large corn tortilla, roll, and arrange in the baking dish. Repeat until all the mixture is used. Should be enough for 6.
- If you like, top with green tomato slices. This is a good trick to prevent the sauce from drying out in the oven.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30-40 minutes.