Saturday, April 26, 2014

Vegan Coconut Cupcakes With Key Lime Frosting


Another day another baby shower, or so the saying goes. For my friend's baby shower today, I knew lime frosting was the way to go. And of course along with lime comes you know what-coconut. I planned to scour the internet for the best coconut cupcake recipe, but once I came across this Sweetest Vegan, I was sold. Her personality is so infectious, and I love how she showed the texture after taking a bite. Most importantly though, the cupcakes received rave reviews in the comments section. Seriously, this girl needs her own show.

I doubled the recipe to make exactly 24 cupcakes. I also used half coconut oil and half shortening with great results.

The frosting is Isa Chandra's Lime Buttercream Frosting from her Coconut Lime Cupcakes, not doubled.

We loved these and will make them again!

1 comment:

  1. All over the world, the best known varieties of rice is Basmati Organic Rice in Pakistan. Basmati rice is a variety of slightly grained, aromatic, top long grain rice in Pakistan. The Punjab region in the Himalayan foothills is home to Pakistan’s Super Kernel Basmati rice. Pakistan is one of the world’s major rice exporters and according to Live best Pakistani rice Index, approximately 3 million MTS rice (processed) per annum are shipped to China, the Middle East, Europe and East Africa.

    ReplyDelete