Monday, September 2, 2013

Raw Pizza


Hi there! It feels great to do a blog post again. I haven't mentioned this, but a tiny human was recently growing inside of me for 9 months. On August 22nd, that tiny human was born. It was a very successful and eventful homebirth-one in which Jason had to deliver the baby. The order in which people got here was paramedics, then in-laws, then midwife-she lives 40 minutes away. Did I mention my first was born in the car on the way to the hospital? I'm not very good at communicating how my labor is progressing. Needless to say Jason is done delivering babies. I must say though, that I couldn't have asked for a better delivery. Since this is mainly a recipe blog, I'll skip the detailed birth story, but I will share some pics of our beautiful baby Holly. As for this pizza, the pesto is quite rich with brazil nuts, and my father in law said while eating it, "I don't know how you did it, but this really tastes like pizza!" Thats as good a compliment as ever, considering how many people like pizza. I've made these into appetizers using baby portabellas as well. The idea came from a raw cooking class I went to by a lady they call Ta-Raw. Check out her recipes!
Here is her version of it at the class.


Here is my replication:


Pesto
3 cups raw brazil nuts
1 bunch basil
1 Tb garlic
6 Tb olive oil
3 Tb lemon juice
1 1/2 ts salt


Veggies
1 bunch green beans
4 bell peppers
1/2 ts salt
1/2 ts each cayenne, cumin, and tumeric


Top with tomatoes and even some salty parm. Oh, and the "crust" is a large portabella mushroom.

Now for some non-food related pics...



Ava is happy to be a big sister

No comments:

Post a Comment